Wednesday, August 6, 2008

安安

editor's note: The mountain of cabbage (山盛りスライスキャッベツ) has been removed from the menu! I went tonight, and was very disappointed... take away 3 points from the total.

I have been singing the praises of An An (安安) since before the early days of no airplay (link) when I had 2 of them in my old stompin grounds of Omori (大森) and I would stop by after work before my weekend to reward myself for a hard-fought week of work with cheap yakiniku (焼き肉) and cheap beer. I was super happy when I found out the former yakiniku hot-spot in Yukigaya (牛角) was being replaced by an An An. An An is not necessarily for the refined carnivore, but for the carnivore with a little wallet. Most things on the menu can be had for 290円. For starters, i recommend the mountain of sliced cabbage with Cesar dressing (山盛りスライスキャベツ/シーザードレッシング), some roast cuts of beef (ロース), a big bowl of white rice (ライス大盛り), and a beer (ビール), which, all together will cost u about 1000円.




The interior of An An in Yukigaya feels rushed and unfinished, but you don't go there for pretty pictures on the walls, you go there to get drunk and full for cheap!








"安心, 安全, 安いだから安安" (peace of mind, safety, cheap, that's why it's An An!)
T: 8
P: 7
F$: 10
B$: 10
V: 6
A: 4
S: 5
X: 5

Total score: 55/70

No comments: