Sunday, July 13, 2008

浜しん

Back in yukigaya for the 3rd review on here, and boy-o-boy does it feel... right!Hamashin (浜しん) is a place I`ve seen many (many) a time while tromping through the neighborhood but hadn`t visited until faced with the choice of visiting the "blue" izakaya (居酒屋) again... Hamashin is a Okonomiyaki/Monjyayaki/Teppanyaki place just across the tracks from the pad and it was pretty good. The food price was excellent, the taste was pretty good, the volume of the food was so-so (as we went through Monjyayaki (もんじゃ焼), Yakisoba (焼きそば), and Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) in one sitting) and the beer price was a bit high (580円 for a mug of Maltz), but with 4 beers or so and all the food I just (mentioned) the price was still under 5000円. Pretty decent I`d say. The overall atmosphere of the place was pretty good, reminding me more of a place outside the city that one here in Tokyo, very family run (って感じ). Unfortunately a group of noisy college students wanted to make the place their own this night... they were promptly sent down to the 1st floor Izakaya, yay! Man, college students were so much cooler when I was in college... but I digress...The staff was not the friendliest at first, but they warmed up fairly quickly (with a compliment or 2) and the feeling was pretty good at the little shop by the tracks.
It`s for sure a place I`d take anyone form out of town that wanted to experience "Tokyo Food" (monjyayaki) and a place that I`d be sure to visit again, and again because of the variety available on the menu... just would probably get drunk before I go... T: 7
P: 7
F$: 8
B$: 5
V: 6
A: 7
S: 6.5
X: 6

Total score: 52.5/70

No comments: